Have you ever wondered what the town of Redditch was like? Do any of the buildings related to William Avery still exist? How about the church he attended? Have you ever wanted to visit the Forge Needle Museum in Redditch or the museums in the Birmingham area to see if any needle cases are on display?
Additionally, do you question why some of the needle case design/patent dates on this website don’t match with the ones listed in Horowitz and Mann’s book entitled Victorian Brass Needlecases? Would you like to know how the design/patent research was done? Are you interested in learning how we became interested in Avery needle cases in the first place?
Since these are some of the questions Avery collectors often have, we decide to create a webpage devoted to answering these and other similar questions. Furthermore, to make this page more interesting, we’d like to invite you to share the stories or articles you’ve prepared. The only requirement for an item to be added here is that it must in some way relate to Avery needle cases. Therefore, if you have something to share or have ideas about other topics you’d like to know more about, please contact us. With your input we can make this the “everything you ever wanted to know about Avery needle cases website”! We look forward to hearing from you.
Topics listed here were created by the author of this website unless otherwise noted. Additional items will be added in the future as soon as the topic is researched and/or a story or article is written.
1.My 2022 Avery Research Trip to the United Kingdom by Terry Meinke TCI Bulletin Fall 2022
2. 2022 Avery Grave Visit
3.My Latest Avery Acquistions by Terry Meinke DTS Newsletter Spring 2022
4. The Latest Additions to My Avery Collection by Terry Meinke TCI Bulletin Fall 2021
5. The Avery Quadruple Needle Case Known as "The Lady Mayoress of London" TCI Bulletin Fall 2020
6. The History of Avery Needle Cases - Feckenham Forester Issue No. 7 January 2020
7 Creating Memories with Avery Needle Cases and Other Sewing Items - TCI Bulletin Fall 2017
7 8. Avery Needle Cases - History, Design, Variety and Value - A 2017 PowerPoint presentation at the Forge Mill
9. My Collection of Avery Needle Cases - A 2017 PowerPoint presentation at DTS
10. Avery Needle Cases - History, Design, Variety and Value - A 2016 PowerPoint presentation at NTCSA
11. Exploring Avery Needle Cases - A 2014 PowerPoint presentation at TCI
12. My Visit to England in Search of William Avery - TCI Bulletin Spring 2013
13. Factors That Influence Value
14. My Avery Collection
15. History of a Needle by Edgar R. S. Bartleet
16. Old Redditch Being an Early History of the Town by William Avery
17. Patent Analysis - Comparison of this Website's Research to Horowitz and Mann’s Patent/Design Registration Dates
18. Patent/Design Registration Research – How it was accomplished
19. Patent Information
20. Rarest and Most Common Designs
21. Registration Marks on Avery Needle Cases
23. Tips for Collectors
24. Why the Book by D. Leonardt is Not a Needle Case
Topics listed here were created by contributors to this website. Additional items will be added in the future within a few weeks after they are received.